At Elmer’s we’ve been equipping farmers with innovative solutions for 40 years. Owning and operating our own farm we understand what farmers need and want out of our products and our company. We strive to provide our customers with products that will effectively handle even the toughest environments. Harvest after harvest, our mission is to produce world-class farm equipment for the needs of the progressive farmer.
We’re excited about the innovation required to aid in the production of the crops farmers grow to feed the world. We currently have an open opportunity for you in an Electrical Product Support position.
We’re Looking For
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering would be considered an asset (other related educational qualifications and experience may also be considered)
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate clearly, and a collaborative mindset
- Strong electrical knowledge with the ability to read electronic schematics
- The ability to analyze source code and strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience or background in agriculture would be considered an asset
- Willing to be on the on-call rotation evenings and weekends and willing to travel as required
In This Role You Will
- Provide product support relating to electrical and software issues to our customers over the phone or in-field as required
- Review drawings, and read diagnostics and source code to determine root causes
- Provide support to the assembly department with electrical and software troubleshooting
- Assisting with electrical Engineering Change Requests (ECRs)
- Handle electrical Quality Issue Reports (QIRs)
- Procure and validate alternate vendors for cost savings and supply
- Updating electrical documentation as required
We offer a competitive wage, a clean & safe workplace, and an excellent benefits package & pension plan.
Our facility is conveniently situated near Altona, MB – 36km east of Winkler, and only 100km south of Winnipeg. Altona is an attractive, caring and progressive community with abundant cultural, recreational and educational opportunities for all ages. With amenities and opportunities that rival much larger municipalities, there’s no better place to be.