At Elmer’s we’ve been equipping farmers with innovative solutions for over 40 years. Owning and operating our own farm we understand what farmers need and want out of our products and our company. We strive to provide our customers with products that will effectively handle even the toughest environments. Harvest after harvest, our mission is to produce world-class farm equipment for the needs of the progressive farmer.
We’re excited about the innovation required to aid in the production of the crops farmers grow to feed the world, and we currently have an open opportunity for you as a Shipper/Receiver.
In this role you’ll be responsible for accepting, inspecting, stocking, and transferring deliveries. You’ll ensure deliveries against shipping invoices and resolve any issues with the shipments, stocks, or transfers.
- Accept and signs for deliveries
- Unload shipments from trucks
- Inspect contents of shipments for defects as well as ensuring all items are accounted for
- Process all returns for defective or incorrect products
- Work with Material Handlers to ensure all items are stored and stocked in the correct locations
- Maintain records of all received shipments
- Conduct regular inventory of all products and keeps records through company database
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to lift and move items up to 50lbs
- Exhibit the ability to use inventory software efficiently
- Basic computer skills
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Handle discrepancies and other issues calmly and politely
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills
We offer a competitive wage & bonus program, a clean, safe and innovation driven workplace, and an excellent benefits package & pension plan.
Our facility is conveniently situated near Altona, MB – 36km east of Winkler, and only 100km south of Winnipeg. Altona is an attractive, caring and progressive community with abundant cultural, recreational and educational opportunities for all ages. With amenities and opportunities that rival much larger municipalities, there’s no better place to be.
For more information and to apply, please visit the careers section of our website, or submit your resume in confidence.