At Elmer’s, we’ve been equipping farmers with innovative solutions for over 40 years. Owning and operating our own farm we understand what farmers need and want out of our products and our company. We strive to provide our customers with products that will effectively handle even the toughest environments. Harvest after harvest, our mission is to produce world-class farm equipment for the needs of the progressive farmer.
To meet the growing demand for our product we’re currently seeking a Junior Accountant. Reporting to the CFO you will oversee accounting accuracy for the company.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage day-to-day accounts receivables and payables
- Responsible for daily cash flow including bank reconciliations and payments
- Credit card and prepaid expense reconciliations
- File monthly, quarterly, and annual filings for HET and IFTA
- Prepare monthly and quarterly banking requirements
- Administers insurance portfolio including vehicle fleet
- Process import/export customs paperwork
- Tracking intercompany transactions
- Bookkeeping for affiliated companies, including all aspects of payroll
- Assist in preparation of requested reports
- Assist in grant applications and reporting
We’re Looking For:
- Thorough understanding of provincial and federal tax laws
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently
- Obtained and/or working towards a professional accounting designation
- Deep knowledge towards technology and automation in processes
- An understanding of manufacturing
In addition to a competitive salary, benefits, and pension plan, we offer a dynamic, growing workplace that provides opportunities for all staff to have an impact.
Our facility is conveniently situated near Altona, MB – 36km east of Winkler, and only 100km south of Winnipeg. Altona is an attractive, caring, and progressive community with abundant cultural, recreational, and educational opportunities for all ages. With amenities and opportunities that rival much larger municipalities, there’s no better place to be.
Elmer’s Manufacturing Ltd. welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.