At Elmer’s we’ve been equipping farmers with innovative solutions for over 40 years. Owning and operating our own farm we understand what farmers need and want out of our products and our company. We strive to provide our customers with products that will effectively handle even the toughest environments. Harvest after harvest, our mission is to produce world-class farm equipment for the needs of the progressive farmer.
We’re excited about the innovation required to aid in the production of the crops farmers grow to feed the world, and we currently have an open opportunity for you as a Supplier Quality Technician.
• Report to the Supplier Quality Engineer and Supply Chain Manager
• Satisfy customers’ quality expectations and optimizes Elmer’s manufacturing efficiency by resolving supplier quality issues.
• Prepares Quality Issue Reports (QIR’s) for non-conformance and facilitates corrective action(s)
• Corresponds with vendors to resolve quality issues and assess vendors’ capabilities.
• Collaboration with Production staff to investigate, document quality issues and implement solutions.
• Work with Quality Engineer to Identify the root cause of issues and recommend fixes.
• Prepares and implements inspection SOP’s and training for inspectors of incoming goods.
• Assist Supplier Quality Engineer to schedule and perform routine internal and external quality audits
• Use CAD software to update current product designs and drawings as needed.
• Assembly/disassembly of Elmer’s products to investigate and resolve quality issues as needed.
• Education Requirements: graduated or enrolled in a diploma in an Engineering Technology program from a recognized post-secondary institution
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and work well in a team environment.
• Understanding of technical documentation (BOM/welding/machining/laser cut drawings)
• CAD experience in Inventor or Solidworks would be an asset (otherwise will be trained)
• Familiarity with Microsoft Applications (word, excel, PowerPoint, teams etc.)
• Ability to work independently
• Report writing experience would be an asset.
• Familiarity with mechanical measurement tools
• Experience in Quality Control or Quality Assurance is considered an asset
• Experience with machining, welding and/or assembly in a manufacturing setting is considered an asset.
• Familiarity with agricultural equipment or similar equipment is considered an asset.
Ingenuity and the ability to collaborate with team members are essential for success in this role.
Our facility is conveniently situated near Altona, MB – 36km east of Winkler, and only 100km south of Winnipeg. Altona is an attractive, caring and progressive community with abundant cultural, recreational and educational opportunities for all ages. With amenities and opportunities that rival much larger municipalities, there’s no better place to be.