Availability: Co-Op Term, and/or Student
At Elmer’s we’ve been equipping farmers with innovative solutions for 40 years. Owning and operating our own farm we understand what farmers need and want out of our products and our company. We strive to provide our customers with products that will effectively handle even the toughest environments. Harvest after harvest, our mission is to produce world-class farm equipment for the needs of the progressive farmer.
We’re excited about the innovation required to aid in the production of the crops farmers grow to feed the world, and we currently have an open opportunity for you as a Jig & Tool Designer.
We’re Looking For:
• A bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Agricultural Engineering, or related field (completed or in progress)
• Experience with design tools such as Inventor (or similar 3D CAD system) is an asset
• Experience working with Agricultural machinery or manufacturing
• Fluency in Microsoft Office products
• Experience working in design teams
• Previous design experience is considered an advantage
In this role, you will work closely with our Engineering and Fabrication teams to:
• Work in the development, testing, and manufacturing launch of new Jigs
• Complete the research, design, and test of product or product subsystem development, utilizing our computer application design and analysis tools
• Develop drawings from 3D models
• Develop bills of material for product designs
• Work with suppliers to source materials from capable vendors for the purpose of engineering prototypes
• Assist with the assembly of product information for technical writers to create manuals
• Act as a resource for manufacturing once the product ownership has been handed to manufacturing
Ingenuity and the ability to collaborate with team members are essential for success in this role.
We offer a competitive wage, a clean & safe workplace, and an excellent benefits package & pension plan.
Our facility is conveniently situated near Altona, MB – 36km east of Winkler, and only 100km south of Winnipeg. Altona is an attractive, caring and progressive community with abundant cultural, recreational and educational opportunities for all ages. With amenities and opportunities that rival much larger municipalities, there’s no better place to be.