At Elmer’s, we’ve been equipping farmers with innovative solutions for over 40 years. Owning and operating our own farm we understand what farmers need and want out of our products and our company. We strive to provide our customers with products that will effectively handle even the toughest environments. Harvest after harvest, our mission is to produce world-class farm equipment for the needs of the progressive farmer.
We’re excited about the innovation required to aid in the production of the crops farmers grow to feed the world, and we currently have an open opportunity for you as the Press Brake Operator
In this role you’ll be responsible for: Forming various production components and ensuring quality work is maintained through every step.
Some of the duties will include but are not limited to:
- Reading engineering blueprints drawings and providing feedback to your Supervisor and Engineering team
- Programming machines to ensure final product meets Engineered specifications
- Managing work area inventory
- Continuously strive to improve increasing production targets, efficiencies, machine utilization and part quality
- Keep a clean and organized work area using LEAN 5S methods
- Perform routine maintenance on machines to prevent downtime in a time sensitive environment
We’re Looking For
- Someone who is energized by growth and change.
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to measure and adapt to new innovative designs
- Previous experience with Brake Press machine operations and programming
- Someone who understands the value of time and the importance of communication
- A passion for continuous improvement and customer satisfaction
- Strong desire to help people succeed
- Several years of experience working with CNC equipment and a relevant certificate would be an asset.
In addition to a competitive salary, benefits, and pension plan, we offer a dynamic, growing workplace that provides opportunities for all staff to have an impact.
Our facility is conveniently situated near Altona, MB – 36km east of Winkler, and only 100km south of Winnipeg. Altona is an attractive, caring and progressive community with abundant cultural, recreational and educational opportunities for all ages. With amenities and opportunities that rival much larger municipalities, there’s no better place to be.