At Elmer’s we’ve been equipping farmers with innovative solutions for over 40 years. Owning and operating our own farm we understand what farmers need and want out of our products and our company. We strive to provide our customers with products that will effectively handle even the toughest environments. Harvest after harvest, our mission is to produce world-class farm equipment for the needs of the progressive farmer.
We’re excited about the innovation required to aid in the production of the crops farmers grow to feed the world, and we currently have an open opportunity for you as a Software Developer.
In this role you will:
- Create and implement system designs relating to hardware and software.
- Design, code and debug applications in different software languages.
- Conduct code analysis, software analysis, software reviews, requirement analysis, identify code metrics, system risk analysis, and analyze of software reliability.
- Support, sustain and document functionality of software.
- Execute software modeling & simulation.
- Create opportunities for new intellectual property.
- Support field installation of first run product.
- Apply various technologies centered around the Internet of Things technologies.
- Develop mobile applications for Android and iOS.
- Develop and document coding practices, coding standards, and procedures.
- Plan and manage projects.
- Create technical documentation including user guides, design documentation and proposals.
We’re Looking For:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science. Candidates with equivalent education/experience with embedded systems software development will also be considered.
- Experience in software development for microprocessor based embedded systems.
- Working knowledge of CAN-based systems and protocols such as J1939 and ISOBUS.
- Ability to read electronics schematics.
Proven ability to learn quickly, carry out independent research, and excel with minimal supervision.
- Ability to own and execute high-level objectives.
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to be an effective team member.
- Ability to create mobile applications that communicate with embedded control systems.
- Experience in prototype design and storyboard development.
Experience developing Android, iOS, and Windows Phone mobile applications.
- Programming Languages: C#, Java, Java Script, ObjectiveC, HTML5, PHP, CSS.
- Demonstrable code analysis and troubleshooting skills.
Ingenuity and the ability to collaborate with team members are essential for success in this role.
Our facility is conveniently situated near Altona, MB – 36km east of Winkler, and only 100km south of Winnipeg. Altona is an attractive, caring and progressive community with abundant cultural, recreational and educational opportunities for all ages. It’s also a community that supports an entrepreneurial spirit. Our well-educated, industrious workforce has helped build a growing and diverse industrial sector. With amenities and opportunities that rival much larger municipalities, there’s no better place to be.