November 7th, 2018 – Altona, MB – Elmer’s Manufacturing Announces Redesigned Haulmaster Grain Cart
Elmer’s Manufacturing announced the release of its next generation Haulmaster Grain Cart. Growing demand for the Haulmaster has been the catalyst to the growth of Elmer’s Manufacturing, which has tripled its engineering team and doubled its production employees in the last four years. The redesigned Haulmaster incorporates the innovative design that has made it a leader in the grain cart market, while effectively lowering the grain cart up to 16 inches (1100 Model) for improved combine auger clearance, and maximizing operator efficiency with the smart Haulmaster PRO system.
“We’re extremely excited and proud to announce the next generation grain cart,” says Mike Friesen, Vice President of Elmer’s. “From our first Haulmaster grain cart leaving the door in 2010, we had already started planning the big changes we’d like to see and it’s great to see the evolution from that vision become a reality.” Mike commented that technology was top of mind with the redesigned grain cart, but to also make the technology simple and easy to use. “Our team was always looking for ways to improve our products, but at a certain point there are physical limitations of what you can do, Haulmaster PRO helps the operator surpass these limitations by adapting the hydraulics to maximize efficiency.”
One practical example of this technology is the adaptive auger fold/unfold, where there was a limitation to the folding speed to ensure it didn’t damage components. With Haulmaster PRO, the auger fold starts slow, speeds up to maximum hydraulic pressure and then slows down for a soft ending. These smart hydraulics open up new possibilities on what can be done.
- Completely redesigned frame and tank to provide an ideal balance of height, length and width
- Model sizes amended to: 1100, 1300, 1600 and 2000 bushels. (eliminates 850, a low volume model)
POWERMASTER Direct Drive Gear Box
- Direct drive gearbox (compared to previous belt driven designs)
- Enables overall cart height to be lowered by up to 16”
- Increases unload capacity at same horsepower
- Accommodates higher horsepower tractors
- Reduces maintenance
- Physical horizontal auger disconnect, if necessary
- Grain cart focused hub and brain of all electronics features
- Information stored on grain cart controller compared to in cab device (tablet), continues logging data in the event of tablet failure
- Direct scale connection for detailed load tracking and scale diagnostics
- GPS module to track load locations
- Direct power connection through 7 pin plug
- Turn-key package with tablet and window mount
- Smart and simple hydraulic system with advanced, patent pending, operator features
- Industry leading adaptive vertical auger fold/unfold speed
- Double tap to fold/unfold
- Physical joystick control of auger flow gate, auger vertical pivot, auger fold/unfold and 4 way spout
- 4 way spout with proportional joystick control
- Spout auto-return to home upon auger fold
- Includes CONNECT in package
The design process of the new Haulmaster Grain Cart included thousands of hours of testing with Custom Harvesters, comprehensive grain flow analysis, PTO torque testing, adaptive hydraulic timing and much more, all to ensure the grain cart gives the operator the absolute best tools to maximize their harvest. The Haulmaster Grain Cart is pushing the innovation in the Grain Cart market and with these new features, will get the opportunity to push even further.
The Haulmaster Grain Cart is currently available for viewing at Agri-Trade in Red Deer, Alberta, Booth 699.