At Elmers we’ve been equipping farmers with innovative solutions for 40 years. Owning and operating our own farm we understand what farmers need and want out of our products and our company. We strive to provide our customers with products that will effectively handle even the toughest environments. Harvest after harvest, our mission is to produce world-class farm equipment for the needs of the progressive farmer.
We’re excited about the innovation required to aid in the production of the crops farmers grow to feed the world, and we currently have an open opportunity for you as a Manufacturing Engineer.
In this role you will:
- Integrate new products and product refinements into production
- Optimize production processes and analyze performance
- Designing jig, tools & fixtures
- Execute Value Engineering projects
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and streamline production processes
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues on shop floor
- Troubleshoot and conduct root cause analyses on quality issues in the field
- Assist with Engineering Change Orders
- Collaborate with design and production teams to implement process changes
- Document processes and standardizations
- Assist with quality processes
- Develop bills of material and routings for product designs
We’re Looking For:
- Manufacturing experience (Machining or Welding)
- A bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering, or Completion of a Mechanical/Manufacturing Technologist program
- Experience with design tools such as Inventor (or similar 3D CAD system)
- Experience with PDM and ERP software
- Experience in designing jig and tools
- Hands-on and team-focused work style
- Thoroughness and Quality focused
- An analytical approach
- Problem solving skills
- A team-first attitude and willingness support tasks and projects regardless of scope
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Fluent in Microsoft Office products
- Experience working in design teams
For more information and to apply, please return to the careers section of our website here, or submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our facility is conveniently situated near Altona, MB – 36km east of Winkler, and only 100km south of Winnipeg. Altona is an attractive, caring and progressive community with abundant cultural, recreational and educational opportunities for all ages. It’s also a community that supports an entrepreneurial spirit. Our well-educated, industrious workforce has helped build a growing and diverse industrial sector. With amenities and opportunities that rival much larger municipalities, there’s no better place to be.