At Elmers we’ve been equipping farmers with innovative solutions for 40 years. Owning and operating our own farm we understand what farmers need and want out of our products and our company. We strive to provide our customers with products that will effectively handle even the toughest environments. Harvest after harvest, our mission is to produce world-class farm equipment for the needs of the progressive farmer.
We’re excited about the innovation required to aid in the production of the crops farmers grow to feed the world, and we currently have an open opportunity for you as an Electrical/Computer Systems Engineer.
We’re Looking For
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science (other educational qualifications with embedded systems software development experience may also be considered)
- Proven ability to learn quickly and research independently – the successful candidate will confidently drive projects forward without prompting
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate clearly, and a collaborative mindset
- Experience in software development for microprocessor based embedded systems
- Good working knowledge of CAN-based systems and protocols such as J1939 and ISOBUS
- The ability to read electronics schematics
- Passion for achieving high-level objectives through exceptional project planning and execution
- The ability to create mobile applications that communicate with embedded control systems
- Experience with prototype design and storyboard development for solutions
- Experience developing mobile applications with Android, iOS, Windows Phone
- Programming Language Proficiency: C#, Java, Java Script, ObjectiveC, HTML5, PHP, CSS
- Strong code analysis and troubleshooting skills
In This Cutting Edge Role You Will
- Create and implement system designs relating to hardware and software
- Design, code and debug applications in various software languages
- Code analysis, Software analysis, software review, requirement analysis, code metrics identification, analysis of system risk, analysis of software reliability
- Support, sustain and document software functionality
- Work with software modeling & simulation
- Create opportunities for new intellectual property
- Support field installation of first run product
- Apply various technologies centered around the Internet of Things technologies
- Develop mobile applications for Android and iOS.
- Develop and document coding practices, coding standards, and procedures
- Create user guides, design documentation, and proposals
Our facility is conveniently situated near Altona, MB – 36km east of Winkler, and only 100km south of Winnipeg. Altona is an attractive, caring and progressive community with abundant cultural, recreational and educational opportunities for all ages. With amenities and opportunities that rival much larger municipalities, there’s no better place to be.
For more information and to apply, please return to the careers section of our website, or submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.